Every year during holiday shopping, when searching for shirts for those on the "budget" list, it can seem like we're really selecting a preferred billboard out from the thousands available. We're, for the most part, walking pieces of advertising, and we're the ones that are paying.
Didn't mean to dabble into the psychology of advertising and marketing, I just couldn't help myself. You see, I have some information I would really love to share, but I don't want to come off as simply plugging a brand or company.
If you grew up on an NES or an SNES, and still enjoying dabbling into the nostalgia enriched waters of retro gaming, then you have to check out what Timewalk Games has to offer.
Imagine getting a complete box, manual, and cart of rare Japanese-bound games like Clock Tower (SNES), Bahamut Lagoon (SNES), or even Sweet Home (NES). Timewalk Games also specializes in reproducing fan-made specialized projects such as Super Mario World 3: Return to Dinosaur Island (SNES), Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes (SNES), or even Legend of Zelda: Outlands (NES).
For those curious enough to check out the site, I know what you're about to ask. Why such a steep price? I hear you, and trust me. I understand your financial pain. While you could easily and comfortably play these titles on any emulator, you won't have a physical copy complete with a high-quality box, manual, and cart. I understand that much fun could still be had with emulated copies, and I'm not about to pretend to be a pompous elitist and state that emulation can't create an authentic experience. But for those that require and actual cart, SNES, controller, and an old-fashion TV, then Timewalk Games will be your friend.
Of course, for collectors on a budget, you could collect the original Japanese imports of certain titles like The Firemen (SNES), but do you read Japanese? Probably not.
For avid collectors and retro completionists, Timewalk Games can make for a great gift this holiday season.
Stay classy...
No comments:
Post a Comment